Weekly Market Highlights
- Wheat futures prices are nearly unchanged from our report a week ago.
- Basis premiums for spring wheat are mostly firm, but lower values have been posted for some winter wheat grades.
- The tug of war for the direction this market will take continues. Support from strong demand, which would have prices move higher, challenged by ongoing reports of ample supplies of wheat worldwide, which has for some time lead to lower prices.
- Portions of Colorado and Kansas where the new winter wheat crop is planted continue to be at risk for drought conditions.
- Today the USDA will issue February World Agricultural Supply and Demand estimates. While there are no surprises expected for wheat, there is potential for bullish news where soybeans and corn are concerned, which could mean wheat futures prices may find support.
Facts on Flour
Gold Medal Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour and Wheat-a-Laxa
Stone Ground Whole Wheat flour provides the old fashioned, natural whole grain texture and flavor America loves. It is the perfect flour to promote to health conscious customers. Stone Ground Whole Wheat flour has a high protein level, an excellent tolerance, and a fine granulation. Wheat-a-Laxa is perfect for creating that hearty textured look customers like.
Description: High-quality whole wheat flours milled from a selected blend of Hard Red Spring Wheats.
Users: Whole wheat or multi-grain bread and rolls, specialty bread, thick crust pizza, muffins, and cookies. Wheat- a-Laxa is an excellent textured topping flour as well.
Don’t forget to sign up for our weekly newsletter we wrap up the week’s worth of marketing articles and products that we think you should know about and that will help you grow your business.