- Colony Foods has been located at 439 Haverhill Street in Lawrence Massachusetts, since the company’s inception. The three original owners joined a partnership and moved into an empty building once inhabited by a foodservice distributor. The company grew into, and then out of the 38,000 square foot facility. Colony Realty Trust purchased three lots of land abutting the property. The additional lots were combined, to ready the grounds for expansion.
- In 2008 the design and build team of CMC broke ground on a major Colony Foods facilities renovation. The buildings dry storage capacity was increased to 58,000 square feet. With 85,000 square feet of frozen storage. The overhaul included a 10,000 square foot state of the art refrigerated shipping and receiving dock. There is a 5000 square foot garage which houses the Fleet of vehicles also on the premises. This garage has been one of Colony’s secrets to uninterrupted service throughout the grueling north east winters.
- Nitco Material Handling Solutions is the partner of choice for Colony Foods Incorporated. Nitco has serviced and sold equipment for over 10 years to Colony. Colony Foods Inc. has chosen Nitco, a leader in the equipment industry to assist with all of our equipment needs. Nitco maintains a high quality of work ethic and also an understanding that you cannot do a job correctly or safely with the wrong equipment.
- Currently, Colony Foods Inc. owns fourteen industrial pallet jacks, one ride on industrial pallet jack and four industrial lifts. All this equipment is maintained by Nitco’s trained and certified staff. The equipment must always be in safe and compliant working order at all times. The trained and knowledgeable staff of Nitco provides outstanding service and work quality. Nitco provides a level of professionalism and consistency that Colony Foods Inc. depends on to assist in our ongoing growth plans.
- Through the years Nitco has always and will continue to be a great assistance to our ultimate goal of customer satisfaction.