Weekly Market Highlights
- Wheat futures prices are lower this week, basis premiums are firm.
- Kansas growing conditions improved this past week as rain provided the moisture the driest part of the winter wheat crop needed.
- Some areas of Kansas that were experiencing drought conditions are now considered to be improved, yet still abnormally dry.
- In Texas, the winter wheat crop has emerged and is progressing. Conditions vary from just breaking dormancy to very wet fields.
- Prices seem to find support near these levels, and the fast approaching growing season could be expected to bring wider volatility that comes with related speculation over crop conditions.
Facts on Flour: King Wheat
The standard of the winter wheat flours, King wheat is widely used in bakeries from the largest wholesaler to the
smallest retailer. It has very good tolerance and is recommended for all types of yeast-raised products.
Description: A high quality malted flour milled from a selected blend of Hard Red Winter Wheat, King wheat is
available bleached or unbleached.
Uses: Pan breads, soft rolls, sweet goods, thick crust pizza.
Don’t forget to sign up for our weekly newsletter we wrap up the week’s worth of marketing articles and products that we think you should know about and that will help you grow your business.