Weekly Market Highlights
- Wheat futures are higher this week after posting more contract lows and transitioning to trading the December futures market; basis premium prices for some grades are lower.
- Cash wheat, the combination of futures and basis, is very close to what we reported a week ago.
- Canada’s wheat crop is projected to be about 14% smaller this year compared with last. Combined with the smaller U.S. crop, this news could have been more supportive than it is given large crops in other nations.
- Large corn and soybean crops are expected. This could snarl logistics that are already facing the aftermath of Texas hurricane even further, which in turn could support the wheat basis.
- It appears the markets have finally found some support after seven weeks of fairly steady falling prices.
Facts on Flour Gold Medal All Trumps/King Kaiser/Balancer
All Trumps, a premium high-gluten flour, is a true legend in the baking industry and continues to be the standard against which all high-gluten flours are measured. The highest protein level of the high-gluten flours, King Kaiser, is available west of the Rockies and matches All Trumps’ high standards in unbleached, un-bromated flour.
Description: A high quality, enriched, malted high gluten flour milled from a selected blend of hard red spring wheat. Available bleached or unbleached, bromated* or un-bromated.
Uses: Bagels, thin crust pizza, hard rolls, hearth bread.
*Bromated flour available east of the Rockies only
Don’t forget to sign up for our weekly newsletter we wrap up the week’s worth of marketing articles and products that we think you should know about and that will help you grow your business.