Weekly Market Highlights
- Wheat futures prices are higher this week; basis premium prices are mostly firm.
- Last Thursday’s USDA report did in fact surprise wheat market participants with a lower number for U.S. ending stocks; futures markets have reacted most days since by posting a stronger close.
- Winter wheat futures have found steady and strong support due in part to fund buying and in part to concerns the winter wheat crop will emerge too early and be vulnerable to damage from late winter cold and dry weather.
- Basis for high protein spring wheat fell this week as some supply made its way to market.
- U.S. and world markets have become accustomed to record large wheat stocks and may need to remember that slightly smaller numbers are not a cause for major concern.
Facts on Flour
Pillsbury and Gold Medal Hotel & Restaurant All Purpose Flours
General Mills’ line of Hotel and Restaurant flours, milled from the country’s finest wheats, provide the baking characteristics required for the widest possible variety of baked goods. They are available nationwide in 25# or 50# bags, as well as the 2/25# bale, in a choice of bleached or unbleached. Also available is our H&R Self-Rising flour, which eliminates the need to add leavening agents to your recipe. The entire line of General Mills’ Hotel and Restaurant flour delivers the consistent performance demanded by quality conscious bakers and foodservice operators.
Description: A line of high quality bleached or unbleached, enriched, malted flour milled from a select blend of wheats. Uses: All types of baked products, pizza, breadings, batters, gravy and tortillas.
Don’t forget to sign up for our weekly newsletter we wrap up the week’s worth of marketing articles and products that we think you should know about and that will help you grow your business.