Weekly Market Highlights
- Wheat futures prices are higher this week. Basis premium prices have softened a bit for some grades.
- Rain has fallen in some of the dryer areas that will be supporting the new hard red winter wheat crop which is welcome news.
- Russia’s all-time-record wheat crop is expected to play a role in world wheat prices as Russia aggressively markets their crop.
- Focus for tomorrow will be on the USDA Small Grains Summary and Grain Stocks reports. This new data will replace projections made based on early August conditions and could influence trading over the coming number of weeks.
- Following a dramatic price decline from early July through mid-September wheat may have found support at ornear current levels.
Gold Medal Semolina and Durum are milled from 100 percent durum wheat. Their high protein level and gluten quality gives them the cooking characteristics required for creating the perfect pasta that consumers love.
Description: High quality Semolina or Durum flour milled from 100 percent durum wheat.
Uses: Semolina can be used for any pasta product, but is primarily used for long pasta goods. These include spaghetti, fettuccine, vermicelli, linguine or lasagna. Durum is preferable for short pasta products, including elbow macaroni or shells; and sheeted pasta products, including noodles and egg noodles.
Don’t forget to sign up for our weekly newsletter we wrap up the week’s worth of marketing articles and products that we think you should know about and that will help you grow your business.